People in a neighborhood were shocked to discover a dog inside a steel garbage bin. It was a scorching day when they found him, and if they hadn’t, he probably would have been cooked alive inside. The dog’s temperature was so hot that the people poured water on him while looking for someone to rescue him.
Viktor Larkhill, the founder of Lets Adopt International, responded to the call and rushed to the site. He saw that the dog was frail and would probably not last long. Not one to give up, Viktor loaded the pup in his car and drove straight to the vet. There, they discovered that the dog had an even more severe problem.
Save that pup
The vets treated the dog for heat stroke, but they decided to do further tests on him. After extensive diagnostic tests, they learned that the pup was infected by parvovirus. That virus alone could kill him as it has a high mortality rate among dogs.
The vets knew they were pressed for time as the virus could quickly become fatal. So they administered medication and put the pup in around-the-clock care and treatment. This went on for weeks. But fortunately, the dog’s will to survive succeeded. The dog started to become stronger and more active.
After three weeks, the pup, named Billy, was strong enough to leave the hospital and continue his medication at his foster home. Viktor took him home and cared for him while looking for a family to adopt him.
Billy became even more friendly and playful, living with Viktor’s other dogs. And soon, a family with three loving kids adopted Billy. There, he will have new owners who care for him and give him the life he deserves.
Source: Viktor Larkhill via Youtube